View Cogs watch in a larger map

Saturday, August 28, 2010

Mexico City in photos

Mexico City is a great one. A cultural melting pot with a rich history and once home to the brilliant Frida Kahlo, you’re never short of something to do – people gazing in the enormous Zocalo, admiring a Rivera fresco or having a history lesson at the magnificent Teotihuacan site. For me, Mexico City round two was every bit as exciting as my first visit, except this time by the end of the week my feet were in agony after walking what felt like every inch of the city. Perhaps I’m being a bit lazy (considering all the blog catch up I have), but I’ve chosen to make this post a visual one, mainly because I find Mexico such a visual country with its colourful culture, it’s Capital is no different. See if you agree…


'El Palacio de Bellas Artes'; the 'Blue House' Frida Kahlo shared with Diego Rivera.



The 17th century 'Templo de Santiago' church at Tlatelolco; view from the Virgin Guadalupe's shrine.



 A piece in the Diego Rivera Museum; the ubiquitous bettle in a Taxco plaza.



 The Chapultepec Castle in Chapultepec park; our first try of the crispy-shelled tacos 'dorado'.



 The site of Teotihuacan from the Pyramid of the Moon; having a break.


On a day trip from Mexico City we just beat the rain in Taxco, Mexico's silver capital.

No comments: